Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Apple Picking

We spent the afternoon on Monday driving around looking for colored tree tops, for which there were some, but not many yet.
Then we made a stop at a local farm to pick some apples. Donnie's parents were in town and they enjoyed this time with us!
I hadn't been apple picking since I was a child and the kids have never been... so they had fun! The trees were the perfect height for them and they had a wagon for taking a ride too! It was a beautiful first day of fall! My favorite time of year!
So now I have two pecks of apples, I think that's what I have, anyway... it's enough to make a pie and some apple crisp and to eat some too! So we'll do some baking tomorrow and the kids always love helping me with that!

Big pumpkin, little pumpkin






An apple for the teacher too!


Getting a ride after the picking was done

1 comment:

Paisleyand Polka Dot Patterns said...

Great pics! Can we come bake with you? :) Have fun! kit