Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remembering 7 years ago 9.11

I can't help but think of what happened 7 years ago on this date. I'm sure we can all put ourselves back to that day... I was sitting on my couch, we lived in Kentucky at the time. Donnie was on his way to a meeting in Ohio, so was not at home, or in the office. I was watching the morning news, probably the Today show, because that's my show of choice and I the first thing I remember seeing was the one tower being on fire, thinking... wow, that seems really weird, they were talking about it of course and I was just in awe. Then, I was in complete shock, as was the rest of the world, when I watched the plane fly right into the other tower. I tried calling Donnie right away, I was a little freaked out when I couldn't get a hold of him, or anyone else for that matter... but...
I cannot even begin to imagine the families that might have been watching that had loved ones inside those towers.
Though it's been 7 years, the hurt must still be there. The loss must still great. The pain might be easing, but it's still there... losing someone you love, you never forget that. That hurt never goes away. No matter the time, no matter if everyone else forgets to remember the date, no matter if life around you goes on... you never forget and so I do think of those today on this "anniversary" of that tragic day and I pray for them especially today.
I thank God for my freedoms and I thank the men & women serving this great nation for the freedoms I have because of their willingness to serve and give of their lives so that we may have those freedoms.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi dear,
Thanks for your reflection.it
certainly is a day we will never
forget and I to remember what I
was doing when I heard and like
everyone was in aw and just could
not believe what I was hearing.
No we never forget those that have
gone on before us ,time does ease
the pain,but we never forget.I to
am so grateful for the land I live
in and those who have gone on before me to make that possible.
Trust that big guy is doing well in
school and the girls are well.
Love you all,
Grammy