Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Fireproof Movie

Donnie & I just got back from watching the movie Fireproof. It was so good. There were many presentations of the Gospel and so many good points about marriage too! There were so many funny parts too, but me & Donnie were the only ones laughing in the theater. Of course, we were at the late showing and so there were only 3 other people there but still... there were lots of funny parts!
But, it's well worth the $21. Much more worth it than any other movie out there that's for sure! Even though it isn't a "big screen" kind of movie, it's a movie you should want to support because it's a Godly movie and has good content and proves that you can have a good movie without all the bad stuff.
Anyway, it's late and I'm rambling... but there were two parts I really liked and I don't want to give it away for anyone who hasn't seen it, but... I love the analogy of the salt & pepper shakers and how they are always together, but they are so different... as is true in marriage of course, we (husbands & wives) may be different but we need to stay together! (Through all the "meals", no matter how nasty they may be!)
The second part I really liked was when Kirk Cameron's character is saying "I don't want to love her anymore, I've done all I can do, I've given to her over and over and she is STILL rejecting me..." It was at that point he realized, that is what God does for us, loves us over and over. Loving us, even when we've rejected Him, expecting nothing in return, and He keeps on loving. I have to wonder if He ever feels and asks, why won't she love me?
Okay, so go watch the movie and support a really good thing! And it'll be a good support for your marriage too, even if it's already good!

No comments: