Saturday, September 6, 2008

Roadblocks

I was able to get out tonight, all by myself! I mean, I go to the grocery store by myself sometimes but... it's not the same as say, going to the mall, like I did tonight. I only went to one store, but it was a much needed stop, and one that needed to be had without children! The stop was where you would go to help keep "the girls" up!!! And I need much help in that area since I have nursed three children.

Anyway... on the way home, due to some rain there was a roadblock. It made me think of life, of course. I was not sure of which other way to go to get home, I knew the direct route, but then I needed to figure out another way... and to add to it, I was driving in the dark and the rain.
Isn't that the same in our lives sometimes? I know it is for me... I'm going along the road of life and bump, there's a roadblock. I'm not usually sure of another way, but I have to figure one out, and usually due to various circumstances, regardless of the time of day, I'm in the dark. (or at least I feel like I am)
But I love the verses in the Bible in Isaiah 40:28-31, but especially verse 31, "but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

God promises to be our guide. He promises to be a light to our path. He promises to never leaves us. He never said we wouldn't have the bumps, the roadblocks, the potholes... whatever they may be, but He will help us through! I'm so thankful for His promises! I'm so thankful for the re-directions that we get in life, sometimes we need them, sometimes we don't understand them but we learn to live with them. Just as long as we are following God's direction and not our own.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beck,
I was praying for you since I knew you were driving in the dark and rain. I'm glad to hear you made it home OK even if you needed to find a different way. But that's a good thing, finding different routes to get around in, in your area.
Praying for Elijah too that he will be OK and not have anything seriously wrong with him:) Give him a hug and kiss from us.
Love Mom