Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First grade

My little man is in the first grade. Where on earth does the time go? Wasn't it just last week he was coming home from the hospital?? Wasn't it just yesterday he was learning how to walk? Now he's reading and writing and excited about learning!
So much so that he was up at 6:30am ready to go! I wasn't ready at that time but we did start today and we had a great first day of the first grade!

Our friends have a little boy who is 6 days younger than our little man and he also started the first grade today. This picture was taken while on vacation. We had started taking their picture together from the time they were 6 months old, every year in the same chair... but hadn't been able to in a couple of years since living at a distance, so before we left I remembered and took some. They've both grown a lot and both were excited about being first graders!!!


Among other things, we did an experiment in colors (though they both already knows their colors) the kids had a fun time with the water and food coloring!

2 comments:

Paisleyand Polka Dot Patterns said...

I LOVE your classroomm! Elijah looks so adorable, how cute that he is so eager to learn! What a blessing! I will pray for a continued excitment for him to learn and create and tackle new things. Cute pics! Glad he is doing better now!

Anonymous said...

Beck,
yes, it's hard to believe that my #1 grandson is now in the first grade but then my #1 granddaughter is in the 7th so time is zooming right along.
I continue to be so proud of you and your wanting to homeschool your kids:) I'm not sure if you're really my daughter since you're just so smart and wise beyond your years!
I love you and can't wait to see you.
Love Mom