They also saw some ladies baking some cookies and a cake in front of the fire. That was taking a while... and they saw a lady spinning the wool to make the yarn. THAT was really neat. Mostly because I as their mother, and their own Grammy too, make things with yarn, so it's something they see in finished form, and they saw it being made. They were very intrigued by it. In fact, so was I.
I can see myself going back and living "back in the day". To a simpler time. Where there wasn't TV and not even Facebook or blogging. Where you journaled on paper and wrote real letters and read books, and played outside, rather than video games...
Now I'm not saying I don't appreciate my washing machine, and the fact that I can just go to the store and buy a nice pretty smelling candle (and boy I can see why they charge so much, it's a lot of work to make a candle!!) Or the fact that I don't have to cook over an open flame...
But... we see signs that say "keep in simple" or "simple life". What does that mean really? And can that be for now? Do we have too much of a complicated life? With all that we involve ourselves in?
I believe we can... no matter what you do, no matter how much you get involved in... always remember to KEEP GOD FIRST. It's that simple! If you keep Him FIRST, then everything else will fall into place. No, that doesn't mean that you won't ever have a hard day, but God will BLESS you, richly, beyond measure, above what you can imagine... if you allow God to take control and keep it simple and keep Him first!





No comments:
Post a Comment