Saturday, September 19, 2009

Piercing Heart

My heart is pierced. It physically hurts. I can feel it breaking. And it is so different than when I was a teenager and I thought it was the end of the world when the first guy I ever loved broke up with me... and I thought love would never find me again.
Little did I truly know (at that time) that true love, True Love, loved me all along. And has never stopped loving me. Despite my falls, despite my ugliness, despite my everything, He continues to love me. That is nothing short of mercy and grace. Thank you God.
But to have a piercing of the heart, for reasons other than "first love" is so much more painful. And I am so thankful that I was given the book, A Tale of Three Kings, by Gene Edwards. I wrote about it in a previous posting. But there is one part that really, really stands out to me. That being, that when spears are thrown at you (if you're gonna be like David) "they will never touch you, even when they pierce your heart."(chpt. 7)
I'm working really hard to not let the spear touch me, because it surely is piercing my heart.
But I love that when you pray to God, when you cry out to Him, He hears and He answers... no, not always in the way we would like, but all the time, exactly in the way that we need.
So I've been searching for this verse, about being kind, and the results thereof, and so today God gave it to me, without me even looking for it. (I believe that is God answering my prayer)
Proverbe 25:21-22 "If your enemy is hungry, feed him. If he is thirsty, give him a drink. Doing this will be like pouring burning coals on his head, and the Lord will reward you." I have to believe that if I do what I am supposed to do, that the Lord will reward me. But I first must do what He told me to do, feed and give drink. Now I don't think that means literally, necessarily. All I know is this other verse comes to my head, "... Lord, how often should I forgive someone who sins against me? seven times? 'No!', replied Jesus, 'seventy times seven.'"
So with all that I have been praying I have been given an answer, keep forgiving, seventy times seven. No matter how hard it, no matter how much your heart is pierced. And in a still, small voice I truly heard God say, "I will reward you."
And because I believe God, and I believe what God's Word says is true and I believe that God's Word is alive and active in me... I will stand true to His word and I have nothing else to do, but follow His commands.
The first being, "Love one another" John 15:12

No comments: