Saturday, August 2, 2008

I need some Armour

And, no, not some Armour hot dogs... I'm talking about some real armour, the armour of God. I'm serious. I wanted to post about something a little less serious (I will post something exciting once I've got a photo to go with it), but right now I am being attacked... my home specifically is being attacked and so I am asking for you to please pray for us.

Ephesians 6:12 says, "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalitites, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

If you go on reading it of course talks about putting on the whole armour of God, which I have been doing, thankfully, but man... the attacks still come, and I can feel it. I know that there is a war raging above me. I remember reading a book by Frank Peretti Piercing the Darkness, so good... he talked about just that... how there are angels and demons fighting over you.

If you don't believe it, believe it. They are fighting, and in the end God will win. But on this earth, there might be some trials and you might need some armour. Read Ephesians chapter 6 for help on that.

So please pray for me tonight and tomorrow... and each Saturday and Sunday, because of course satan attacks most and best on a Saturday night and Sunday morning. Thanks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi dear,
I think it is so great that you can address this type of issue in
your life but more important that
you know who to go to for that
everlasting peace and He does give
it to us.
Yes there are many attachs but God
is able to keep you in the center
of His hand as you look to Him, He
is faithful, Grammy prays for you
every day and now I can pray a
little differently .
Have a good week and keep remembering that if we did not have
any trials we would not need to go
to Him for His loving arms around
us.
Love you, Grammy

Ang said...

Bec, I love ya and will be trying to pray more for you and more specific too!
Miss you!

Heather said...

Hey Becky, I know you pray for me, and I will pray this specific prayer for you too. We'll catch up soon. I can probably call you tomorrow! If I forget call me and I'll call you back on the house phone. :) Love ya! Heather