I've written about this before, and I'm writing about it again.
Satan's attacks. They are real and they are present and they are strong.
But God is greater and God will overcome.
There is a verse in I Peter that has been an encouragement to me and Donnie, it comes after vs. 8 talking about how "our adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, is walking about, seeking whom he may devour"... well verse 10 says, "But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you."
We will suffer, but will make it through. Satan will attack, but God will make a way out and is greater than satan.
I know I'm not alone in this, my church is not the only church being attacked by the devil. My family, my pastor's family, my friends... we all get attacked. You just may not think it's coming straight from the devil, but I believe it is. He knows your weaknesses, he knows what can bring you down... don't fall into his trap.
Let God do what it says in I Peter, let the suffering make you perfect, stablish, strengthen and settle you, all by Christ Jesus.
2 comments:
Great post! So true, we are not above Satan's lies and deceptive motives, it's so good to daily delve in scripture to stregnthen and encourage our hearts and stay strong. Love ya
Hi dear,
It is nice that at your age and
walk with The Lord that you realize
this fact,but how great that we
have a God that is stronger than
Satan and He cares for us and we
have Him to turn to no matter what.
We have to keep our focus on Him
and not let that slip for one
moment.
If I were to remember ALL the times
that He has walked with me, carrying me many times and many
times walking by my side and ahead
of me, I could fill many a page,but
through it all He has been faithful
and I have learned that He is the
only one that I can count on as He
NEVER lets me down.
Man has let me down many times and
still does but I get all my comfort
in Him and when Satan trys to sneak
in I look up and say to Him its
you and me babe. He is so
wonderful.
I trust that you are all physically
well and that the sickness is gone.
You have such a wonderful challenge
in life and that is the lives of
those super great kids and that
wonderful husband. Take heart dear
and always look up.
Love you and keep you in my prayers
daily.
Grammy
Post a Comment