Last night our ladies at our church had our first book club meeting! Myself and another lady headed it up! It went great! We were both a little nervous, because of the book choice, The Shack. It has sparked up a lot of controversy, but we prayed a lot about it and knew that God was in it, so we knew it would be okay, and it was! I've talked about this book before, if you haven't read it, it's a great read... remembering all the while, it's just a book, fiction!
We are excited about our next book club meeting, it's not for two months, give our ladies time to read... Redeeming Love, by Francine Rivers. Another great read. Really really good, if you haven't read it, I would encourage you to! Not quite as controversial, but so good!
Just thought I would share that brief moment in my life with you.
Still praying that satan would stay behind me cuz he's doing his best to attack and fight against me and my family. Pray with me please.
2 comments:
Hey Becky,
Brian is almost done reading the shack and he is a huge fan of it so far. Reedeming love is a personal favorite of mine. Hope ya'll are doing good.
I like the new picture of you and Donnie. Oh and both books were fabulous...it has been awhile since I read "Redeeming Love" but I read it in like two sittings!!
Hope you are feeling better!
Love ya!
Post a Comment