Just asking for prayer. I need some major strength and wisdom.
I've been studying for the past couple of weeks for the girl's Bible study and the past couple of days reading up extra verses on some stuff, the topic being on faithfulness.
I came across these verses in 2 Samuel 22:31-33 "As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is tried: he is a buckler (shield) to all them that trust in him. For who is God, save the Lord? and who is a rock, save our God? God is my strength and power: and he maketh my way perfect."
I had memorized a verse many years ago, Psalms 18:30 which says, "As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the Lord is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him."
I thought it was neat that the same verse is in the Bible twice. In two different spots!!!
God's ways are perfect and His word has been tried and tested, but it still stands... and He is our buckler, our shield, if we trust in Him. I LOVE that!
Those made me think of another one of my favorite verses, Job 23:10 "But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold."
Only God knows what the future holds and what the present is doing to shape our every day and our future. We have to trust in Him and believe that He is our Rock and our strength and our power and He will make our way perfect in Him.
I believe that. It doesn't mean there won't be hard days.
Praying that you will find comfort in these verses and the ones you find on your own when you have the hard days.
1 comment:
Hi honey,
In these days it is great comfort
to know that God has provided
a place where we can go to find
that comfort and that these trying
days of unrest in our country those
of us who trust Him know that He is
incontrol and wants His children to
trust Him even tho we don't yet
understand.
Thank you for sharing these words
of wisdom and a reminder of them.
My prayers as you do you study
and what a place to share and grow
as you are in the word.
Hugs to those super kids.
LOL
Grammy
Post a Comment