Most people look forward to the weekend, like the song goes "everybody's workin' for the weekend..." but when you're in the ministry it isn't quite the same. It's true that you are still 'workin' for the weekend', but you continue to work throughout the weekend itself, and in most cases even more so.
There are a lot of frustrating things with working in the ministry. But there are a lot of really enjoyable things too. I enjoy watching my son sing praise songs to Jesus. I enjoy hearing about what my daughter learned in class. I enjoy playing in the band. I enjoy singing when I can. I enjoy listening to my husband lead worship and preach (when he can). I enjoy seeing the teens come weekly to worship God. I enjoy worshipping with fellow believers.
If you are one that is workin' for the weekend, I encourage you to step into church and see just how much God can bless you. There are times when people get so wrapped up in that which is so not eternal and I believe that when we focus on the negative the devil wins. He wants us to complain about what we didn't like about the service. But I would encourage you to answer this one question that a pastor we heard one time ask, that is, "what part of the service was God not honored with?" I know that when I ask myself that question the answer is usually, "no part."
Have a great weekend!
1 comment:
I think for us, it's "working on the weekend"...
Glad to see you join the blogging world! You are already doing a better job of writing more than me :)
Post a Comment