know that it's 'comfort' food, at least for those of us in New England. It's not the best food ever, but they do have pretty good ice cream. Not the best ice cream either, for the best ice cream go to Graeter's. But today it's about Friendly's and their ice cream. We went tonight with my husband's grandparents. They happen to be in town for the weekend. We don't get to see them much, but are thankful for when we do... We all enjoyed some ice cream, but I do believe that 'little becky' enjoyed it the most! She actually started crying really loud when it was all gone and we had to leave. Not like her but... she loves ice cream! It's neat to see the different 'comfort' restaurants that we all have in our different areas that we live, like in Kentucky it was Frisch's. I loved their vanilla coke, I miss that vanilla coke with the ice... those who know about it know.
Anyway, it was fun to see my children enjoy a place I have fond memories of when I was a child.

3 comments:
Oh Boy do I miss Friendly's!!!!!!! The South has nothing good for Mom and Pop stores like we do up North...Papa Ginos and Bliss...the list goes on :-)
We miss Friendly's so much too! Thier icecream was REALLY great! But my new favorite is Brusters. Your kids are getting so big!
Well, you know what I think about Friendly's now.....SLOW service to say the least but yeah, the ice cream is pretty good:)
Post a Comment