It's amazing how much of us have things about us that we just don't know where on earth we got them from.
Like our little innate desire to keep things tidy, or the constant state of thinking, or the insatiable desire to need to say goodbye before leaving, or the love of hugs, or the love of shoes, or whatever it is... we have these things about us... who or where do we get them from?
It's in our genes. It may not even be from mom & dad, but from a grandparent or aunt or uncle. We are given things to us from our families past. All precious gifts.
We also get things like proteins and enzymes and blood and molecules... all that scientific stuff that is far above my comprehension. But I try to understand it...
Because I have a son with a metabolic deficiency, and I have to do my best to understand it, treat it, and keep it under control.
Some days I don't think about it. Some days I try and pretend that I'm a "normal" mom, with a "normal" kid... but that isn't the truth. I have a child with a potentially life threatening defect. If left untreated and cared for, it leads to death. This isn't easy to write, writing it makes it more real. But the reality is, this is my life. And in my life there is a child with a metabolic deficiency. If you want to read more about them, click here.
I will write another time about how we found out about it...
But for today, I will say that I went to a conference today and was able to listen to 3 different doctors talk about different fatty oxidation disorders. I am thankful for the opportunity. I am still trying to process all the information though!
Just pray for me please. There is much to take in and process!
No comments:
Post a Comment