Monday, April 6, 2009

Sheila Walsh "Let Go, Live Free"

This past weekend I had the opportunity to go to a one day conference where Sheila Walsh was speaking. She also did a mini concert the night before which I went to, which was very good! Her theme was Let Go, Live Free. I don't think it needs much else explaining really... we all have things we need to let go of.
She sang this song, of course titled, Let Go. And she showed this video of ladies holding up cards of all the things they have been holding onto, i.e. control, loneliness, anger, hurt, addiction, abuse, and the list went on... all of the things we need to LET GO of. What are you holding on to??? Give them to God, so you can then LIVE FREE. Free in Christ.
There were two things she said that I really liked, the first was something someone had written in a journal and she said had become a personal prayer for her and it was, "For every thing that has been, Thank you. For every thing that will be, Yes."
I do pray that I can make that my prayer. That I can say for all the things that have been, thank you. And for the all things that will be, yes. I think I can... In fact, I know I can. Why? Because I have God on my side.
The other thing I really, really liked was when she said, "Brokenness is a far greater bridge to people than a pretend wholeness ever is."
I believe that is SO true. It's something I've been saying for a long time... we need to share what is on our hearts. If we don't share our hears with others, and we just pretend that everything is okay then are we really helping others? I don't think so... they will think we have it all together all the time and wonder how we can help them.
Case in point, last night, though I didn't "fall apart" completely, people saw me in a difficult situation with my son. If you read my last post, it had to do with that. He has a metabolic deficiency that is very real and isn't going away, EVER. And its affects don't always "show up" at the best times. Last night it showed up while out with about 30 teens out to eat, and there was throw up then all over the restaurant floor! Thankfully it was his father's foot and leg, and not another but... still. I had to leave. It seems to people that it's just no big deal most times that he has to eat, or that I'm being a fanatical mom... I'm really not. I'm just doing my best to protect my son. And if I don't share about my experiences about that, then it doesn't help me, and it doesn't help others either. That's just one part of my heart...
If you are dealing with.... whatever it is you're dealing with... or have dealt with. If you don't ever talk about it, or share it with someone... how can you really let it go? How can you really live free???
I am learning every day to let go, and I am definitely living free despite what others think of me! Why? Because I have God on my side! And that's all that matters!

me, Sheila Walsh, my mom

me, my mom, my mother-in-law

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beck,
hey, I knew you would a better job of saying things than me:)
Whoever reads your blog, maybe now they will begin to understand more about Elijah and if not they should look it up so they will know!! The bottom line is we will ALL be together for ETERNITY!!!! and there's nothing better than that.
Love you!
Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi Bec,
So good to read your blog and to see what you received from the
meeting with Sheila. Sounds as if
it was really good.
Now to put into practice the good
things she shared and the truth of
them.
Looking forward to see you all next
week.
Thatlittle guy(big) is so precious
and God has given him to us to love
and care for him and watch him grow
in God's love and to strengthen you
and Donnie.
Have a wonderful Easter,Hugs to
the children.
Love you,
Grammy