Sunday, December 14, 2008

Pray for me

My parents were just in town and my mom isn't feeling well at all, so pray for her too. But I am feeling sick right now, sore throat kind of sick and it just isn't the time right now. Thankfully I'm pretty much done with my shopping, but I do have to wrap, and I do have to still teach and I do have a lot of hair appointments in the next week and a half. (every one needs to look good for Christmas)
I'm just praying the kids don't get sick.
Tonight we had a really great time with a few of our youth group kids... we are doing a outreach project, of getting some clothes for a needy family in our town and the wealth of support that we've had is amazing. It was fun and neat and just awesome to see the kids having fun buying and giving for someone else in need and for someone they don't even know! It's what Christmas is about, love. Giving. God gave and God loves. We need to show the same love to our neighbors, to those in need, especially when they need it most. So I'm thankful for them and for this outpouring of love of our teens and the rest of our church family who has supported this project. Thanks to them!
"They'll know we're Christians by our love"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, when did you start feeling sick?? you know it's not what I have at least:) THanks for asking your connections to pray for me! Sorry I wasn't much fun this weekend. Hopefully next month will be better.

Anonymous said...

Hi dear,
Glad you had a good weekend with the kids in the play,I am sure it
was cute. Isn't it great when we
can get our youth to think of others and learn what giving is all
about.
Sorry to hear you aren't feeling
the greatest and will pray for
you to feel better.
I to am sorry mom is feeling so
punk and keep her in our prayers.
As I said to her God has a reason
for everything and we need to be
still and know He is God in the hard times as well as the great
times. He has a plan and we need to listen to what it is.
Look forward to seeing you in a few
weeks.
Hugs to those precious little ones.
Love Grammy