Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Christmas

I'm doing my last minute scurrying and preparing for this Christmas. I love this time of year, the kids getting excited about Christmas day and all the presents. Though I keep telling them it's about Jesus and all that He came to give to us. They know it, but it's hard not to get caught up in the hussle and bussle of what everyone else is doing.
I always remember not being able to sleep, now I just pray that my own kids will sleep, though they won't, they'll be up early! I remember getting my stocking at the end of my bed, now I am giving my own kids their stockings. I remember reading Luke 2, or actually listening to my dad read it, now I hear my husband read it and watch my kids listen and ask at least 25 questions. I remember traveling to visit family, we still travel to visit family. I remember being told that Christmas isn't about the presents, but about the presence of Jesus in our lives. I am so thankful that I was told of his saving grace. I am so blessed to have a family and a Savior who loves me.
Have a wonderful Christmas no matter what you are doing! Remember that in Christ real joy is found and in His presence there is peace!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beck,
I'm glad you have all those wonderful memories that you can now pass on to your own kids!!!!
Love Mom
ps- see you real soon:)