Thursday, October 23, 2008

Perfect Peace

I've been studying for my girl's Bible study and the book we're doing is going through the fruit of the Spirit, and the next in line is about peace. It's perfect really, because it's exactly what I need right now. I need God's perfect peace in my life right now.
I keep thinking of the verse Isaiah 26:3 "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee."
I think we sometimes focus on the first part though, in that he will keep us in perfect peace... forgetting that we have to keep our minds in Him and we have to trust in Him. We want the peace without the pay basically. But it doesn't work that way. We have to do it the right way, we have to keep our minds on Him and trust in Him and He will keep us in His perfect peace.
In my studying I found this other verse, John 14:27 "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." It goes so perfect with II Timothy 1:7 "For God hath not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."
This world will have trouble, but this world cannot offer peace the way God can. God gives us power, He gives us love, He gives a sound mind, and He gives us a perfect peace. No matter what we are going through, no matter how we may be feeling, God can give us a perfect peace. I'm praying for you as I am for me.

No comments: