One year ago when I was looking at Kindergarten curriculum I was overwhelmed at all that I saw. I thought, there is no way he is gonna finish all of this! But low and behold, he has!
The only reason we have finished this late is because of vacation time and sickness. Sickness is one of the reasons we chose to keep him at home. The beauty of being at home is, it doesn't matter! He finished! That is what matters! He did SO good too! We are so proud of him and all that he accomplished in this kindergarten year. He completed Bible, History, Science, Phonics, Math, Writing, and Art. The biggest of those being he learned how to read. As I posted in an earlier blog how much can be learned from reading. So I am so happy he is reading and getting better each day.
One funny thing just at the end of last month was when we did just the beginnings of measuring. He has a ruler, he took it out, I told him what it was, how long it was... and I couldn't help but tell him that he was just that long from head to toe when he was born. He of course has no concept of that at this point but... I do.
Anyway, he begins first grade next month and is very excited about that!
My little man is in the first grade... where on earth does the time go????????
5 comments:
I am getting teary eyed just reading this and thinking back to that time. I know I wasn't there and it was probably a little while til we got to meet him, but looking back now he is such a miracle :o) I wish we were closer. Yay, for 1st grade!!!
I too can't read this without tearing up and I did see him at that size....memories...bittersweet..
Love you!!
I am so proud of you, teaching Elijah how to read, a huge accomplishment. Now he can read God's word daily and come to know HIM in a greater way!
Love you,
Mom
That is so awesome-isn't it cool to see him read!!
Keep them all close-the time goes too fast.
Love you
Auntie L
Sam wore one of Elijah's outfits today and I love it that he has some of Elijah's clothes. Can't believe it's been 6 years!
LauraD
Good for him...he has come a looong way and God has something wonderful in store for him!
Post a Comment