Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Wonder and Awe

Minutes turn to hours. Hours turn to days. Days to months. Months to years... and before you know it, time has flown before you without your seeming knowledge, let alone your "permission".

That's how I felt last week when my oldest lost his first tooth and got his first pair of glasses, all in one week. I wondered where did the time go? When did I even say it was okay for him to grow up? Oh wait... it's part of life! They change so fast. They want so much. They ask so many questions, their minds constantly needing/wanting information for learning.
I am amazed at how different God made us all. We are all the same in that we all are created in His image. We all have the same body parts (well, sort of) and yet, we are all so uniquely different. It's amazing to me.

I love each of my children, and I especially love their differences. I can't even begin to describe how much I love them all so much, and in different ways, for different reasons. But I love them all the same because God gave them to me to watch over them, and they are all special to me because they are "mine".

I wonder how does Jesus keep track of all of us? How does He loves us all so intricately and divinely special, and treat us like we are the one He died for, even if we were the only one?? And yet there are so many of us??
God's love is amazing and I'm in awe. I'm sure just as I'm in awe of my children. What I wouldn't do for my children. What God wouldn't do for us.

Revelation 4:3&6 "And he who sat there had the appearance of jasper and carnelian, and around the throne was a rainbow that had the appearance of an emerald. and before the throne there was as it were a sea of glass, like crystal."

I can't wait to see HIM. I know I will be in awe. And though there are days that seem to meld into one, and I wonder when they will ever end? I know that one day, I will see HIM and I know that HE loves me. And I know I will fall to my knees and I can't wait to hear the angels saying, "Holy Holy Holy is the Lord God Almighty, Who was and Who is and Who is to come." Rev. 4:8

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

when are you gonna write that book??? you will be an awesome author!!!
I'm proud of you and hope you know that and will never forget it.
Love Mom
xoxox