Friday, January 29, 2010

Everyone Needs A Little

I don't take credit for the writings of any song, but the words to these, just really give you a lift when you need it. Read, and if you have a minute to listen, do. Just Google, or You Tube the title of the song, with Kari Jobe as the singer, and you'll be able to find it.
I've had a lot of headaches/migraines these days, so haven't been up for writing. But my heart is still here and I still pray that God is using me and leading me each step that I take.
Just started a study on Esther. LOVE it. I'm using Charles Swindoll's character study, though I know Beth Moore does have a new study out, along with a lot of other people I'm sure who have done studies on Esther. Anyway, she is an awesome example of what courage and obedience to God is.
I don't know what this year will bring... but God does, and I am excited to find out, Esther 4:14 ..."And who knows whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this?"
How can you not be excited when you know that God is in it?!?!?!?!
But when I'm in the mundane every day tasks of life and I'm feeling weary and broken.... this song really lifts me up! I pray it does the same for you!

"Everyone Needs A Little"

Come all ye weary and ye broken
Come to the table of the Lord
Come sing the song of the forgiven
Come lay your burden on the Word

Come and find
Peace everyone needs a little
Rest everyone needs a little
Joy and a song to sing in the darkest night
Life even when it gets you down
Hope will turn it all around
But love is the greatest of these
Everyone needs a little

Sing all ye saints and ye sinners
Call upon the mercy of the Lord
Come sing the song of redemption
Sing about the hope that is to come

He will lift you up
He will lift you up higher than sorrow
He will lift you up
And cover your soul with healing

~Kari Jobe, Ed Cash, Chris Tomlin

No comments: