Scuttlebutt
- Rumor
- Gossip
Truthful lips endure forever, but a lying tongue is but for a moment.
Proverbs 12:19
What is the point of lying? What is the point of spreading gossip? What is the point of sharing that rumor? Who does it benefit? What purpose does it serve?
Haven't we all done it? Who is not to blame? We ALL need to STOP. We are only hurting each other when we do. Now you might think by my writing this that there is some scuttlebutting going on... there may be, there may not be. I would advise one to not begin to scuttlebutt in response but to check ones own heart and soul and ask of themselves... do I? Have I ever? When will I stop?
I am praying that we ALL will apply the principle that GOD has instructed for us, that being,
Matthew 18:15-16
"IF your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him ALONE. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother. But if he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, that every charge may be established by the evidence of two or three witnesses." (ESV)(Emphasis mine)
No comments:
Post a Comment