Sunday, December 13, 2009

Unspeakable Joy

Joy is such a short word. Those that are in the Christian realm know that it's not a feeling. Some have coined it as Jesus, Others, Yourself. Joy as defined in the dictionary is: the emotion of great delight or happiness caused by something exceptionally good or satisfying.
That doesn't really fit in with what God defines as joy. Unspeakable joy.

Since childhood I think the words to 'Joy to the World' have been a mainstay in the song selection for Christmas time. But this year... I heard a new chorus, added to that song, and absolutely love it. Love the meaning of it, love the words, love the tune... it's awesome! If I could sing it for you right now for you to hear, rather than just read it I would. But you'll have to settle for just the words. I pray they will still hold meaning for those that will read this.

Joy to the world, the Lord is come
Let Earth receive her King
Let every heart prepare Him room
And Heaven and nature sing
And Heaven and nature sing
And Heaven, and Heaven and nature sing

Joy, unspeakable joy
An overflowing well
No tongue can tell
Joy, unspeakable joy
Rises in my soul
Never lets me go

Joy is not caused by something exceptionally good or satisfying. You can be in a state of misery (in my opinion) and yet still have true joy. Though if you did have true joy, you probably wouldn't be in a state of misery but... that's an argument we won't get into! What I'm trying to say is, is that your joy isn't dependent upon your circumstances. Joy comes from within. It's indescribable. It's unspeakable. It's overflowing. It comes from God, and because He never lets me go, I know that my joy will never go!

I am filled with joy when I see the wonder of a child, discovering the truths of God. I am filled with joy knowing that nothing can separate me from the love of God!
I have unspeakable joy. Not because of anything that I have here on this earth, but because of what God has given me... LIFE eternal.
I love my husband. I love my kids. I love my family. They bring me happiness, but God gives me joy. True joy, the unspeakable kind, is from God, and God alone.
I pray that this Christmas 'season' any and all who may read this will also have true, unspeakable JOY.

No comments: