"Give thanks unto the Lord, for He is good, His mercy endures forever."
You can find that in more than one spot in the Bible. I tell ya, I love it when there are repeated passages in scripture... not to say that the verses that are just said once don't mean much, because they mean very much. But the ones that are said more than once... what does that mean???? Someone more theologically knowledgeable can tell me/you but...
I love Thanksgiving. It is my favorite "holiday". (Yes, even better than Christmas. I think because at Christmas a lot of people seem to have lost the real meaning of what Christmas really is, and that bothers me... especially now that I have kids and I'm trying to teach them what it really means. BUT... I love what Chrismas really means, not what the world represents it to be today.)
Anyway, so I love Thanksgiving. I think it brings people to a point of "making" them be thankful, at least for one day. And we have SO much to be thankful for.
I Thess. 5:18 says, "In every thing give thanks..." Not just in the good things, great things, and happy to be here things... but in the "what on earth is going on here" things, and the "why is this happening to me" things... we are to be thankful, knowing that HE, God Himself, has a plan, a perfect plan, for each one of our lives. And it includes that crazy, off the wall, not so fun, "thing" that we may be going through...
WHY???????? Why? To grow us, to teach us, to help us, to show us that He loves us.
We have to BELIEVE that He is in control. We have to BELIEVE that He can do the impossible. We have to be thankful for whatever He does, regardless. Because it's for our good. Because His mercy... endures... forever.
So... what are you thankful for? What little, big, and everything in between thing are you thankful for?
I'll post about mine another day..... because all this month is about giving thanks!
Let's not just give thanks on the one day, let it be EVERY DAY!
1 comment:
my daughter, a mini Beth Moore! preach it!!
Post a Comment