Sunday, June 21, 2009

What my dad taught me...

I thought love should be peace,
God shows me love is also truth.
I thought love should be comfortable,
God shows me love can also disturb.
I thought love was forever,
God shows me love also has limits.
I thought love should save others,
God shows me love is also letting them go.
I thought love should be passionate,
God shows me love is also deep committment.
~ Barbra Minar

Those are some things that I learned from God through my dad. He was always pretty good about teaching me a little bit about love.
I am thankful for my earthly father whom I love very much. Thanks dad for all you've done and continue to do, I love you! Happy Father's day!
I am thankful for my husband, the father of my children, whom I also love very much. He is a wonderful father to our children, whom they love very much too! If they could type they would write Happy Daddy's Day!
And last but not least, I am thankful for my heavenly Father, for without Him, I would be nothing, lost and alone and dead in my sin. But because of Him, I am a child, a daughter of His, found and never alone, and alive and free because of His grace!
No matter what happens in my life, how can I not be thankful?!!!!
And how can I not love, regardless of the love that I feel I am given in return?
I didn't deserve God's love, but He gave it to me anyway! And He continues to give, over and over and over again...
Amazing love, how can it be, that you My King would die for me...
Happy Father's Day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beck,
what can I say, you are the BEST daughter a mother and father could ever ask for!! IF you world had more people like you in it it would be a much better place:)
I am so proud of you, never forget it.
Love Mom