Sunday, May 10, 2009

Being a mom means...

Being a mom means
...loving someone more than yourself.
...being very patient, or at least working very hard at it.
...you give up all your desires for your childs.
...you are tired, most of the time.
...your heart is so full of love, all the time.
...picking up toys over and over again.
...saying your sorry.
...wiping off a dirty mouth, after throwing up, even in the middle of the night.
...cleaning your family's dirty clothes.
...giving a kiss on a boo-boo and it makes it all better.
...you get a hug throughout the day, just because!
...knowing that those hugs might not last forever, but praying they will.
...praying constantly for my children.
...thanking God each day for all the blessing I am given.
...saying NO.
...saying Yes.
...you understand a little more of what your own mom went through.
...loving your child, and forgiving them over and over and over again.

I am so blessed to be called MOMMY. I do not take it for granted one day. On the days or at the moments it seems as if I am "complaining" I am really just really thankful that I can talk about all those things that come with being having kids. Because I know there are those who cannot and I pray for those very much. (You know who you are.)
There is this Kari Jobe song that talks about the goodness of God, I just love it, it says "You are good, You are good, You are good, and Your mercy is forever."
Maybe our meanings for what being a mom are different, but whatever it means to you... I pray you celebrate your position and rejoice in knowing that God is good and even when the hard times come... His mercy endures forever!

No comments: